Friday 3 August 2012

Day 5


9:45 am – After deciding to eat healthier last night, we had oatmeal (made with water) with a spoonful of stewed apples and a sprinkling of cinnamon along with a clementine, a small glass of milk and a cup of tea for breakfast this morning. I do have to say, I am very full after eating all of that. I’m on my second cup of tea now, since tea helps remove toxins from the body and provides water so the body can more easily metabolise fat. I am also taking a vitamin D supplement because here I do not get enough sunlight which can cause me to become depressed, which causes me to eat more. I’m trying to pre-empt this cycle by keeping my vitamin D levels up.

This morning I asked Jethro if he would rather have chicken pot pie or homemade pizza. He asked for chicken pot pie!!! I love making chicken pot pie because it is a wonderful way to use up some leftover vegetables, and subsequently, is a wonderful way to get us to eat more vegetables. I use frozen vegetables due to them reaching the correct texture (fresh sometimes don’t finish cooking before the pie is ready) and their lower salt content. Canned is fine, so long as they are canned in only water. We are not only trying to watch our calorie intake, but also our salt intake. I will be relying more on fresh and frozen foods (not processed!) and various herbs and spices to help cut our salt intake.

I’m going to go ahead and post the recipe for the chicken pot pie to keep from becoming too tired to post it later tonight! Sorry again for posting so late last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment